Monday, January 30, 2017

Strength and Dignity


Just as God brought this verse to my attention, a friend gave me this beautiful journal. Those words: strength and dignity: they have lept off the page at me lately and I'm enjoying some slow time thinking through what they mean and how I apply them.


The first place way I am finding refuge this year is by spending time in God's Word and pausing to really think it through and apply it to my heart, home and life. I am finding refuge in being reminded of what is really important and re-ordering some of my routines and priorities.

As I'm mulling this over, I want to hear what you think of when you hear the words strength and dignity: go!

4 comments:

Mom said...

These are beautiful words and a high calling! When I think of these words, the visual image that comes to mind is Jacqueline Kennedy in 1963 after the assassination of her husband. She was only 34 years old - but she displayed strength and dignity in that terrible, life-changing situation and with the eyes of the world on her.

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

When I think of these words I have a lot that swirls through my head. Immediately I think of the Proverbs 31 passage and know I desire to be an inch of that high calling.

domenica.60 said...

Strenght and dignity are seeds that collect esteem and they are an example of courage and hope for the future , I think.
Greetings,
Franca
P.S. Would you visit my new blog : Lecreazionidido.blogspot.it ? You are welcome!

Debbie J said...

You've given me something to think about! I've read and loved Proverbs 31 for years, but it's good to take it word by word and see how to apply it to my life. So how can I be strong and dignified today? Strong in faith; strong in doing what is right; strong in loving others; Dignified? Only in Him, through Him and with Him, not on my own, that's for sure.