Thursday, September 22, 2016

Chistmas Postcards

I'm so glad some of you enjoyed the series about taking your own family photos! I really love to order photo cards from Shutterfly - and every year I sort of have sticker shock about how much they are {even on sale!} and how many I need/want to send.

This year, I realized that I have ordered several batches of full color postcards from Vista Print for promoting my book. I decided to check out the options there for Christmas greetings.

And, I was pleasantly surprised. First, I looked at their actual card selection. I found two I especially liked and began to customize them. They were between 0.40-0.60 each which is a big jump below Shutterfly which are over $1 a piece.

After playing around with those and even adding to my cart, I wondered about postcards and if that would be cheaper still. YES!

I was able to get 100 full color 5x7 postcards for around $37 including shipping. What a savings! They have a bunch of templates you can pick from, though they are not really intended to be Christmas cards but more of coupons or savings cards. I was able to customize and choose something I liked and I already know the quality is great from the other cards I've ordered to share about my book or include with t-shirt orders, etc...


Here is the front of the card I chose and I added three more pictures on the back. Plus I'll still be able to mail as a postcard and hopefully save some postage!

If you want to try this out too - you can use this code for free shipping on a $25+ order plus 30% off your order. I'll get referral credit too. Code: http://vistaprint.extole.com/s/kqnnm

Love figuring out creative ways to save a little money!

10 comments:

Wendi said...

Thanks for sharing Monica! We will have our photo shoot next week and then I will check them out.

Leanne said...

this is a great option! I wish we had our pictures done already!!!

Julie said...

I've been using VistaPrint for Christmas cards for the last three years. I like the cardstock/paper much better than what I found at other sites.

Kimberlee Powell said...

I see the postcard that you picked on vista print. Super cute. How did you put pictures on top of the % off boxes?

Shelby said...

Love how your cards turned out Monica. Thanks for sharing your great deal. I always look to you for the great prices on items. xoxoxo

angie said...

That is a great idea! I veery well may do the same. But first, I will need to choose/take a family photo or two. Senior portraits were my priority as of late. By the way, I just purchased a groupon for $16 for a photo package and sitting fee at Picture People to get Hanna's yearly portraits taken. Yours turned out beautifully!

Elise said...

You are brilliant! The End.

Jessica said...

Thank you, Monica! I've been looking around for options already too, so thanks for the coupon! I will probably use it!

Monica Wilkinson said...

@Kimberlee Powell: I simply sized the photos to fit and drag/dropped them right over the top of those coupon boxes. Those boxes could not be deleted that I could tell so I just covered them up :)

Kimberlee Powell said...

Thank you so much for your help :)