Monday, February 08, 2016

you+me craft day!

Good morning, friends! Hope you had a great weekend! I have a super fun announcement this morning!

When I was planning for my book, a friend and I brainstormed this amazing crafting event as a fundraiser for publishing costs! It is designed for you to carve out some slow and make memories together! Designed for mothers and daughters but also appropriate for grandmas and granddaughters, aunts and nieces, you plus a little girl friend or even just you yourself!

You can see a tiny peek at some inspiration behind this craft day here. It will be a very girly time of fun, crafting and memory making! Lots of special touches, some yummy snacks and of course, projects!

Crafts I'm planning are:
String Art: smaller one for little ladies and larger size for mamas! {both mom/daughter each get to make one!}
Bead Necklace {young girls will make this}
Metal Stamped jewelry piece {older girls and ladies will make this}
Storage Jar {each crafter gets to make one and decorate the lid}
Photo together + a way to display it {each crafter gets to make one}

Crafts are subject to change based on how many sign up and what I am able to find but this is what I'm planning right now! And even if I switch something out, I know you will still love it!

Doesn't that sound so fun!!!!! Yippee!

Ok, details:
Date: Saturday, March 19th
Time: 9:30-11:30am

UPDATED: I'm only going to offer one session, originally I planned for two - but interest is fairly low so I'm going to push it all to the most requested time!

Cost: $35/adult; $12/child {under 18}
Location: my back yard! Exact address will be emailed with your registration confirmation.
Deadline to sign up: Monday, March 7th unless it fills up sooner!
How to register: Leave a comment here, Facebook or Instagram with your email address, how many spots you'd like to reserve and if you prefer the morning or afternoon session. I will send you a link via Pay Pal to complete your reservation - done! Easy! If you'd prefer to pay by check, we can discuss that by email too, unfortunately though, I won't be able to hold registrations without payment. Thanks for understanding!

One last thought: I know some mamas will wonder what age the crafts are appropriate for - my first thought is that age four an up would be fine, but with that I know that you know your little girls best and if you want to bring a younger girl that you are willing to craft with and help then come on!!!

Let me know if you have questions! I hope this sounds fun to you and that you will be able to join us for a super fun and special day together!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

A little far away for me(just ten hours), but it sounds like fun. What a great idea! Hope it goes well!

*carrie* said...

Great idea, Mo. Wish Nat and I could pop over, but hope you have a wonderful time and a strong turnout!

angie said...

So wishing that this could work for me. But March has no school breaks and so I need to be home. If I'm ever able to make the journey to SC, we must have a craft day! I hope that both your morning and afternoon sessions are filled!

Tina Leigh said...

I'm not a crafter but I think I'd really enjoy anything you put on. I wish I could come. Can't do anything until the pruning is done here. I hope everyone knows that you will have some awesome food to serve as well. I hope it is a hit Monica! I'm so excited for you.

Cheryl said...

There is a possibility I MAY be able to come...I just got the link to your blog from a dear friend of mine. The only way I could come would be if you had it in the late afternoon. Could you email me and let me know if you think the time will be later? Thank you so much, and have a blessed day!!