Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Christmas Dinner


Fuzzy socks, paper straws, enamelware, fun art supplies, an awesome sign for our future house in the mountains and that mug! I feel known and loved!

David said Samuel found and picked out the mug - oh.my.heart.




A lull in our morning made a perfect time to get the table set for dinner. Again, the basics are the same. This time, I put back the canning jar of nature goodies and two pillar candles {these are from our wedding - thanks Mom!} plus some fun tinseled glass place cards I made way before I was married.

To make the tinseled glass place cards, get small pieces of glass cut {I got mine at Hobby Lobby I think} and draw a tree shape on the underside with a Sharpie. Paint inside the tree with green stained glass paint and the rest with white paint. After it dries, layer a piece of cardboard, a crumpled piece of foil and your glass. Cover the edges with copper tape and use a dry erase marker to label! The dry erase wipes right off so you can easily use and use again.






Hope you had a great Christmas!

6 comments:

Shelby said...

Love the place cards Monica. All of the table settings were super fun to see all the changes you made with the items you had on hand. You got great gifts and ones that make you well known. Your family studied you well friend:)

Wendi said...

It looks like you had a slow, simple, meaningful day. Perfect!

Mrs. Chrissy T said...

Lovely!

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

I love your place cards as well. What a wonderful idea and something that can be used over and over. I love reading your blog and even though I rarely comment, I always look forward to seeing a new post in my email.

I love the fun gifts you received and that mug....oh my! How perfect for you was that?!

I look forward to your posts in 2016!

Mom said...

Wonderful photos, as usual! :)

I still have one of those glass place cards that you made years ago - it has been in my kitchen window sill so I can see it daily during the Christmas season. Would you like to have it back to keep with your set?

*carrie* said...

Beautiful glimpses of your homey Christmas celebration!