Tuesday, March 03, 2015

Family Night February


Week One: Hosted three lovely ladies {only two shown here} from the Watoto Children's Choir that visited us from Uganda. I had each of my littles decorate a lunch bag to pack their lunch in for the next day.



Made it our mission one day running errands to take carts back into the store with us before entering.

Week Two: A fellow CC mama mentioned the local children's shelter was in need of paper towels and tp, so our CC community collected a laundry basket full to deliver and bless them! We also made chocolate covered strawberries and delivered a few to our neighbor across the street.



Week Three: Sponsored a meal at the Ronald McDonald House. We fixed Chicken Noodle Soup, Garlic Bread, Salad and Brownies. We also picked daffodils and delivered to a few of our neighbors.

Week Four: Nothing really special planned this week - we made lots of birthday cards for friends and thank you cards for finishing our crochet class.

8 comments:

Amber said...

What a great experience to host the children! I'm sure that was a delightful experience for the girls.

Amber said...

Also, this might sound weird, but did you go to college at Grove City College. I've been reading your blog for awhile, but the last time I actually read your posts on your actual blog (rather than a reader), I couldn't find anyplace to leave comments. I've been wanting to ask you because you look so much like a girl that lived in the same dorm as me my freshman year there. Probably a shot in the dark, but I just had to ask! ~Amber

Julian said...

Beautiful!
Christina

Blissful & Domestic said...

What great ideas! I love that you are using family night to serve:)

Sheri said...

These are all great ideas! I want to be more intentional about serving "as a family" and I so appreciate your tips!

Monica Wilkinson said...

Hi Amber! Guess what? I never went to college - so it definitely wasn't me :) Have a great week!

Elise said...

Um, Emily's apron...did you make it? Was it already there? It would be an adorable smock of sorts, too! I love this idea and how service oriented as a family y'all are! And can we talk about your layering?!?! LOVE IT!!!!

Amber said...

Well, they say that we all have a "twin." I must have went to college with yours! lol