Monday, November 04, 2013

Homespun Granola


While watching some of the project videos for this course, there was a darling mother/daughter duo making granola to package up for Christmas gifts. So, so sweet. And, inspiring! I have tried I don't know how many granola recipes hoping to land on one that I loved and it has never really happened.

After watching this video and letting it simmer a few days, I came upon this recipe which is a sort of make-your-own-granola-recipe! And, I am very happy with the results! Samuel, Rachel and I love eating it dry even - it is a lovely snack.




Homespun Granola {homespun meaning, it makes your house smell amazing, is homemade and our family loves it!}

3 c. oats {all I had was quick and actually, we liked the smaller pieces!}
3/4 c. sliced almonds
3/4 c. pecans
1/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. homemade syrup or maple syrup
1/4 c. honey
1/4 c. butter
1/4 c. coconut oil
1/4 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg white
1 tsp. cinnamon

Combine and bake on a cookie sheet at 300 for 30 minutes. Cool all together. Store in a neat jar and would make a lovely gift!