Thursday, December 20, 2012

Winter Picnic



My sweet blog friend, Angie, and I swapped boxes as prayer partners with the Good Morning Girls Advent study! I received a fun box of supplies to help make beauty and quiet moments while I'm away from home and was so blessed by this sweet gift! I was eager to put some of the goodies to use! And, was also inspired by a wintry picnic in the Life:Beautiful magazine that showed a chili lunch in a horse-drawn wagon.

Our wagon was a freebie rescued from the alley left for the trash and instead of a camp or tree farm, we enjoyed the back yard!










5 comments:

Wendi said...

Cute! It is fantastic that you where able to eat outside.

Has David been able to join you yet? I was watching the weather last night and thought of you when I saw that lovely winter storm.

Anonymous said...

How precious...love it.

Kelli said...

How fun. Monica I love reading your posts because they always make me stop and think. Think about slowing down and finding the beauty in the everyday stuff in life.
I see a winter picnic being part of our weekend.

angie said...

I looked though these pics a couple of times before I realized that you used the burlap as a tablecloth! How very clever! But it did have a weird smell. I do hope that dissipated after it had a chance to be aired out. I'm thrilled to see that you are finding use for a bunch of mis-matched objects.

Blissful & Domestic said...

Such a wonderful idea. We will definitely be doing this after Christmas. Thanks for the idea Monica;)

Danielle @ Blissful and Domestic
Www.blissfulanddomestic.com