Friday, November 23, 2012

Family Night: Pack Shoeboxes


It would be hard for me to believe that there is someone who has not heard of packing shoebox gifts for Operation Christmas Child. I've been doing this since way before having a family of my own and it is exciting to see our children catching the vision of this and looking forward to it each year now!

I do collect items all year, but it is also fun to get to go out shopping and pick out the last few things we need! It is always a fun evening to color pictures and write notes to our shoebox children! And, to finish putting our boxes together.

Anytime there is an activity that children can do that serves or gives to others, I am thrilled with the opportunity for them to learn how to cultivate a heart interested in investing in others.

We are so thankful for the opportunity to participate in Operation Christmas Child by packing our shoeboxes and we had a fun Family Night doing this together!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your blog and your thoughful posts. You are a blessing to me.

angie said...

A long standing tradition in our family, too. In fact, we have started to fill our boxes for next year. My kids colored and wrote responses on the "All about me" page for the first time this year.
Did you include any unique items in your shoeboxes this year? for the first time, I added flip flops.