Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Family Night: Misc

Wow, I've sort of fallen off the train of sharing what we've been doing for Family Night!

We've enjoyed spending time together as a family and I've noticed that the girls are SO excited when they know it is Friday! They have even started offering some ideas of their own!

One week, we braved the wilds of Chuck E. Cheese with a coupon and had a great time!

Another week, we made another big tent in the living room - we told stories, played a simple card game, read books and sang songs! What fun!

What have you been doing for family fun time lately?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We did a train ride w/train shaped cookies and then another time played ladder ball and had a bonfire & smores! (I haven't had a chance to post these pics) :) Our family nights aren't always every week so we are due for another soon! I'm still in the planning stages...

Wendi said...

I haven't been as on track with family fun as I would like. I am hoping that with fall & winter coming we will get back on track.

Here are some things we have done:
*evening trip to the library then out for pizza
*trip to the fair
*went to the mall for Megan to ride a couple of rides and then all three of us shared a bowl of ice cream - the sharing part was lots of fun!

I enjoy you sharing what you are doing with your family. I have certainly come away with some wonderful ideas!

Nancy at EmbroideryIt.com said...

We often do family games or a movie at home with popcorn. This Fri. afternoon we are going to the state fair.
Blessings,
Nancy

Davonne said...

I just posted an article with Family Night ideas here: http://www.piercemyheart.com/2009/09/09/family-fun-family-night/

We recently made crayon rubbings and paper airplanes. Photos are here: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=105604&id=504619031&l=570080e0b6

Family night is my favorite night of the week!