Thursday, October 25, 2007

Hodge Podge

* Several of you asked how to make these pumpkins, you can find the directions here. Thanks, Grace!

* I loved this link to multiple Bingo games to take with you to the grocery store, dr. office, etc... Perfect for these times you need some entertainment!

* Following up on the Pumpkin Butter - several of you commented that you weren't sure it was safe to can this at home. I wrote to the Ball Canning customer service and they replied that they do not recommend canning pureed vegetables at home as it is hard to reach the appropriate and safe temperature in pureed foods like this. So, I guess I can scratch that off of my list.

* Now, I am completely ignorant in this one: a couple of you have asked if there is a way to link to get automatic updates each time I post or to subscribe via Google Reader. I've also been asked for my RSS feed, etc... One kind reader even offered to help me set it up, but I'm afraid I scared her away with my ignorance. Any suggestions? I'd love to help get this going so it is more convenient for everyone - but honestly, do not know where to start. Thank you in advance for your patience and help!

* Several of you have also asked for directions on making the Envelope Book and I am happy to provide them - be watching soon for all the details!

* I love getting all of your e-mails and questions, and I thank you for your patience as I get around to answering each one! Just so you all know - I save each question from you in my e-mail until it gets answered - so if you haven't seen your answer yet, just keep watching! Thanks!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I made pumpkin/apple butter last year and put it in the freezer. Not as cute as having it in your pantry, but an option!
Love you, Mom

Mary Ann said...

Andy's grandmother asked me last weekend if I knew how to make pumpkin butter-so I was thinking about making some. Thanks for your research on this!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing the website with the pumpkins! :o)

TamaraP.

Anonymous said...

Monica, you already have an RSS feed that works! In fact, I have been reading your blog through Bloglines for just about forever!

I think what people are asking for is not an RSS feed, but an easy to find "button" on the sidebar that they can click. It will automatically subscribe them using whatever feed reader (Google, Bloglines, etc) they prefer.

You can install different buttons for each service and clutter up your sidebar, or you can go to Feedburner.com. Feedburner will do ALL the work for you. You claim your URL as the owner. Feedburner consolidates all the RSS feeds into one easy-to-subscribe feed. Then it gives you a small chunk of code you insert on your template (easy, easy).

In the end you will have a small button on your sidebar. Anyone can click on it and subscribe in about two seconds.

You can look on my page to see the Feedburner icon. You can choose different styles and you don't have to show the number of subscribers on there, either.

Anonymous said...

Yes, ditto to Meredith. I read through bloglines and you definitely have an RSS feed.
About the pumpkin butter, Trader Joe's has some DELICIOUS pumpkin butter in very cute jars :) Not homemade, but very yummy.

Amy V. said...

regarding preserving pumpkin butter: I don't can (yet) I freeze stuff. Ball sells freezer jars (which could be decorated) and I used these to freeze pear butter. Would it be any different to try pumpkin butter?

---
I too subscribe to your rss feed. The work is already done.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those links. I just love visiting your blog, it always gives me that little *kick* when I need some creative inspiration! :)
God bless :)

Rebecca said...

Just wanted to let you know, that you can still make pumpkin butter and FREEZE it. Doesn't work as well for gifts and such-but my goodness, is sure is a treat for YOU! :-)

Anonymous said...

My husband made your potato soup last night, he loves to cook (yes, I'm one lucky woman) anyway we loved it, my boys ate three bowls and one is quite picky. I picked up some fresh baked french bread and we had a great fall meal, thanks so much! We doubled it because there are 5 of us and we had no leftovers. BTW, is the cover of your holiay notebook a catalog cover?

Angela

Monica Wilkinson said...

Angela! I'm so glad you enjoyed it! It's easy to make too which is nice!

My sister made the notebook for me - but I'm pretty sure it is a page from a Pottery Barn catalog on the cover of my book! Isn't it festive?!

Liisa said...

Thank you for the link to the country pumpkin instructions ...they are so cute!

Blessings,
Liisa