Friday, June 15, 2007

Simply Ingenius

I received an e-mail from Kraft Foods yesterday about a new product available to people in certain states (AL, FL, GA, LA, MS, NC, SC, TX). This kit will feed three people for three days in case of a weather-related emergency. Everything is ready to eat and requires no electricity to prepare. As someone who needs to get my hurricane box of food ready - I just think this is a brilliant idea! I'm still thinking through if this is a good deal price-wise, but I am impressed with the idea behind it regardless!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you will never need this. Good to have on hand if you live in a place where you may need to "get out of dodge" in a hurry but Lord willing - you will not need it.

Anonymous said...

This looks like a great idea!
Love, Mom

Chrissy said...

Monica - This is something I've given LOTS of thought. I agree with lynn marie and hope we never need such a thing, but...

Here is a helpful website:
www.mrssurvival.com. It goes into great detail about preparing for any imaginable disaster. I've gleaned lots of good ideas from there, since I live in an area affected by hurricanes too.

As to the supply kit, I think it could be done less expensively, by buying things on sale and using coupons. Also, you could just make a separate backpack for each person in your family and keep it packed with clothing and snacks. If you're forced to evacuate, you grab it and go. Most people call it a "bugout bag". I know you know, but I can't stress enough the importance of having a plan if you have to leave suddenly.

Sorry this turned into a novel, but as you can see, I'm very passionate about being ready, "just in case" ;0)