Thursday, June 28, 2007

Pikes Peak!

We're having a wonderful time with family and enjoying the beauty of Colorado! This morning, we rode the Cog Railway up Pikes Peak - I had been up to the top before, but had never ridden the train. It was spectacularly beautiful! Here are a few pictures of our trip!
Rachel and I on top of Pikes Peak!
Is this a classic or what? Look at the screaming baby!

Emily and Daddy looking at the beautiful scenery!


The train that we rode to the top!

A view from the train ride.

Sleepy baby after such a big morning!

8 comments:

Sonya said...

Wow! What beautiful photos! The view is amazing! I've never been to Colorado but I hope to go one day. It's funny to see you in a jacket since it's in the 90s here in East Tennessee! Have fun and I look forward to more posts about your trip!

Joy @ SAH Missionary said...

oh, how fun! I hope you are having a wonderful time.
Blessings,
Joy

melissa said...

how fun! I was up at Pikes Peak years ago (hard to believe that it was 12 years ago now!) on July 4th and it was so cool to see snow on the ground then...doesn't look like you had snow, though!

Have a great time enjoying God's beautiful Handiwork in Colorado!

Mary Ann said...

The view is gorgeous! I've never been to Pikes Peak, but the parts of Colorado that I've been to were simply beautiful.

Enjoy every moment-screaming babies and all!:-)

Jthemilker said...

Isn't Colorado Springs just beautiful?! Did you get to visit "Garden of the Gods?" It's really cool too. My husband was stationed at Ft. Carson before he finished in the military. I hope your vacation was fabulous!

Linda said...

I've come to visit from Shawna's blog "Journey to the Prize." We were right where you are now last summer. Absolutley beautiful. I love your Mitford Moments. They are some of my favorite books in the whole world. I've read them all at least three times.
It's nice to get to meet you.

jenny said...

I just found your blog. It's beautiful! I can tell that it's going to be one of my favorites. Glad you're enjoying the time with your family.

Wendi said...

Looks like you are having a wonderful time! The view is breath taking.