Friday, June 15, 2007

Peaceful Heart


Reading yesterday morning, I came across another verse that just kind of jumped off the page at me. I love it when that happens!

"A heart at peace gives life to the body, but envy rots the bones." ~ Proverbs 14:30

When my heart is at peace ~ I am content with where God has placed me. I am resting in His perfect love and guidance. I am trusting, leaning on Him and displaying faith in Him by not fretting.

I love this visual picture of my heart being at peace bringing life to the rest of my body. Isn't it true that when our hearts are right with God ~ we are at peace?

I like the picture of contentment. If envy causes such disturbance in our lives, contentment brings such peace. What a gift.

The Hebrew word used in this verse means calmness and composure. Hmmm, think about that.

Today, and every day, may I have a heart of peace. A calm and composed heart trusting my Savior.

5 comments:

Wendi said...

A heart at peace...what a wonderful thought!

Melissa said...

I just love the thought of peace & tranquility. Being calm and at ease with God. I've found that in my stubborn self, I often want to argue with Him...but when I let go & let Him move me the way He wants, it's like floating on water. Sometimes there are waves, but it's much more relaxed than swimming against the tide.

Thanks for sharing this post!

Anonymous said...

Oh to be content! What a hard thing for me to learn! I have cronic pain and learning to be content with that is so very hard! Thanks for the post - it reminds me to keep trying, keep leaning on Him and continue to find contentment within his arms.

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post, thank you for sharing.

Kristyn

Anonymous said...

Be still and know that I am God.

Beautiful post.