Monday, May 21, 2007

Feeling Inadequate

Lord,

Today, I am struggling with the way that I mother. Why do I get so easily frustrated with Emily? And, why do I allow those frustrations to give way to anger, hurt feelings, and stress.

I know that I am not handling these frustrations appropriately or in a way that pleases and glorifies You. And, I confess that Lord.

Please refine me and teach me to be the mother You desire me to be. I want to please You in my thoughts, my actions and my words. Lord, I am leaning on You for the strength to be different - because in my own strength I will simply continue to fall.

"Show me Your ways, O Lord, teach me Your paths; guide me in Your truth and teach me, for You are God, my Savior, and my hope is in You all day long." ~ Psalm 25: 4-5

for Your glory,
Amen