Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Family Night: Childhood Fun

Here is our latest family night adventure! We headed downtown to the newly redone park! I was trying and trying to come up with a clever meal to go with this and was really getting stuck in every direction. So, then I thought of park - childhood memories. How about our favorite foods from childhood? I asked both of our moms and pretty much everything needed to be served hot. So, I thought of what was a BIG special treat when I was a kid. Individual anything - box drinks, little bags of chips, a Lunchable was a HUGE treat, etc... So, I did Lunchables (found on sale!), little bags of chips, boxes of apple juice, and David's favorite Rice Krispie treats! Emily was so excited to be at the park, she had trouble eating...
Rachel enjoyed discovering the swing!

Emily just had fun all around!

Our view

Daddy and Emily check out the water (yes, this scared me!)

6 comments:

Meredith said...

I really admire the effort you've been putting into your family nights and outings.

Some days I feel lucky to get a meal on the table on time, let alone create a theme dinner for the kids. You're an inspiration!

Tracy said...

What is it with kids and swings? Henry laughs so hard he can't breathe when he's in the baby swing

Jenn said...

Oh bless your heart, Monica. This is one of those things (kids near what I see as danger) that sends me over the edge....LOL and bring the control freak out in me. It's so tough to let it go. I am glad you had a sweet time!!!

Jenn

Anonymous said...

It still scares me when my adult children do seemingly dangerous things. Like standing next to rushing water...
Once a mother, always a mother.

Terri said...

I love the pictures of your girls in the swings! How absolutely precious!

Anonymous said...

the pics love. I can relate to everyone of these comments. As a grand-mother I still feel ya! My oldest grandson, now 8 alway loved the swing. Laughing so hard he couldn't see and say "more Ma-Maw more". He especially loved it when I would twist the swing and let it go. All of them LOVE the water as my girls and I do.