Thursday, February 22, 2007

Home Sweet Home

I was tagged by Lisa to do this Homemaking MeMe and since I love all things homey - this sounded fun!

Aprons - Y/N If Y what does your favorite look like? - I like the idea of aprons - however, I find that I rarely actually put one on. My favorite one is solid green and I love it because it is adjustable for people who are very petite (code for short!) like me!

Baking - Favorite thing to bake? - Wow, this is hard to narrow down to one thing, but probably homemade Cinnamon Rolls.

Clothesline - Y/N - We do not have one, though I've been thinking it would be a wonderful addition! I need to find out if our neighborhood allows them first!

Donuts - Have you ever made them? - Most Saturday mornings I make these.

Everyday - One homemaking thing you do everyday? - Clean up the kitchen and make the bed.

Freezer - Do you have a separate deep freeze? - Yes

Garbage Disposal - Y/N - Yes

Handbook - What is your favorite homemaking resource? - I love Lisa's answer for this: she just calls her mom! I could definitely do that too and a favorite book is mentioned in this post: Cleaning Up the Clutter by Emilie Barnes.

Ironing - Love it or hate it? - I don't love to iron, but I do like the results! My biggest challenge right now is keeping the little ladies away from the ironing board!

Junk drawer- Y/N - Where is it? - Yes, in the kitchen.

Kitchen - Color and decorating scheme? - Sage Green bead board - and whatever I like! :) Here's a photo...

Love - What is your favorite part of homemaking? - Creating a haven - a peaceful retreat for my family. A place where love abounds and memories are made!

Mop - Y/N - I get down on my hands and knees - I've never had very good success with an actual mop.

Nylons - Wash by hand or in washing machine? - Definitely machine!

Oven - Do you use the window to check on things or do you open the door? - My frugal side knows that I should use the window - but alas, I always open the door!

Pizza - What do you put on yours? - Cheese and Pepperoni

Quiet - What do you do during the day when you get a quiet moment? - Craft, look at a magazine, or visit blogs!

Recipe Card Box - Y/N - Yes! It is where all my favorite and most used recipes live!

Style of house - I would define my style as cozy - I like cottage, primitive, country, etc... "looks", but I simply combine things I like!

Tablecloth and napkins - Y/N - No on the tablecloth - but we always use cloth napkins.

Under the kitchen sink - Organized or toxic wasteland? - It is fairly organized - I keep cleaners, watering can, recycling bin, detergents, and flower vases under there.

Vacuum - How many times per week? - Twice.

Wash - How many loads per week? - Hmmm, I'm guessing six or so.

X's - Do you make a daily to do list and check it off as you do things? - Oh yes! I am such a list girl! Every night I make my list for the next day - I keep a spiral notebook and just use one page for each day. I don't always get everything done, but it is an invaluable guide for my day!

Yard - Y/N - Who does what? - David does all the mowing, trimming, blowing, etc... I work on pulling weeds and picking out flowers! :) Confession - I have never, ever mown a lawn.

Zzz's - What is the last homemaking task you do for the day before you go to bed? - Make my list for the next day!

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

This was interesting. Up until right before I got married 2 1/2 years ago, I had never mown a lawn either. I always had a man around to do it for me! Now my husband and I share the yard work. I actually kind of enjoy it!