Friday, January 05, 2007

A Peaceful Moment

While both little ladies were napping yesterday afternoon (a rare treat in itself) I was running around like crazy trying to get lots done. And, I felt the stress closing in. I knew what I had to do - I needed to sit down and get re-focused. I had just finished baking some cookies - so poured a mug of milk and grabbed a Christmas gift. I only sat there for maybe ten minutes, but it was enough to refresh and refocus my thoughts and my priorities. Ahh, much better!

3 comments:

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

I also have the book "Love In Every Room". It's one of my favorites!

Anonymous said...

I love this book Monica! As a matter of fact that it the book I used to do my New Year's greeting with:) Sometimes all it takes is just a few minutes with a nice cup of tea or cocoa and a gentle book to help us feel refreshed!

Anonymous said...

Dear Monica,

Just reading about your refreshing tea and cookie break with a good book made me feel better! Guess that will have to tide me over until I can have a little break of my own -- maybe this weekend???

Have a great day! And may Emily and Rachel nap at the same time more often!

Love, Mom