Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Bless Your Husband: Picnic Lunch

I don't know about the rest of you - but my husband rarely gets a lunch break. And, it is even more rare that we can plan ahead for a day that he will. But last Friday was one of those days - a work day of sorts where we knew he would have a chance to pause and eat lunch. So, I suggested a picnic!

I packed wraps, apple slices, chips and make-your-own pudding and off we went! We sat in his office and it was great fun. We all enjoyed the break in our day and doing something a little different!

Now, if you can't go and have a picnic with your husband - maybe you could still pack one for his lunch and he could get away to a quiet corner or park for a few peaceful minutes.

To make the individual puddings - use a jelly size canning jar and 2 Tbsp. instant pudding. Add 1/2 c. milk from a thermos, shake and let sit for a few minutes. All done!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your helpful and fun tips.

Mary Ann said...

My husband gets lunch breaks but doesn't know in advance when they will be so I could join him. And they are usually pretty quick. I do try to do special things every so often for his lunch-thanks for the inspiration once again!
Because of his weird work schedule,I try to make his days off more special. I'll make a nice breakfast, plan a special lunch or to go out for lunch or otherwise spend the day together.
It only takes a little creative thinking to really bless our husbands and make them feel special!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all your wonderful ideas. After reading your New Year's post I ordered the 365 day Bible and the first book in the Mitford Series. I love to read your blog everyday, you are helping me grow into a better person. Thanks alot.
Heather

Chrissy said...

Lovely! As the weather warms up, this is something Hubby and I love to do...a date in the middle of the week. It makes my day.

It's reminiscent of something Cynthia would do for Timothy, don't you think?;0)

Monica Wilkinson said...

Thank you all for your thoughts and sweet comments!

Heather - I hope those books are blessings to you as they have been to me - let me know! :)

Chrissy - YES! Cynthia and Father Tim would totally do this - they would just have had fresh pears and a wedge of great cheese with a bottle of wine probably!