Friday, December 22, 2006

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas, my dear friends! I'll be away from my blog now until after Christmas. I thought I'd share with you a sonnet I wrote for my senior British Lit class. Enjoy...

A king was born in Bethlehem one day
The animals were there and heard His cry
This baby came to give His life away
For all our sins so that we would not die.
Time passed and He grew to be a young man.
Lots of people came to know of His deeds
He learned and taught and lived His Father's plan.
And this God knew would plant so many seeds.
The apostles would spread what they had known
The love tht had been shown to them Divine.
They would tell all men, of God on His throne
In hopes they'd also say ~ "this love is mine."
Jesus was a human like you and I
But, willing to give up His life and die.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monica, that was so beautiful,it brought tears to my eyes. I hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas.
Love,
Susan P.

on the Rock said...

Merry Christmas to you and all your family! May you be lifted in the true spirit of God's love!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Monica,and to all yours. Thank you for your sweet spirited blog. It has been a blessing to me. Perhaps we can be more then blogging buddies in the months ahead. Have a wonderful Christmas morning, filled with the love of our Savior! amy a.

Anonymous said...

Dear Monica -- I'd forgotten that you wrote this sweet sonnet -- thanks for sharing it again!

Merry, merry Christmas!

Lots of love,
Mom

Lisa said...

That was beautiful! Thank you for your prayers for my mom. She is home now and just in time for Christmas. We are all so happy that she survived this terrible ordeal. God was watching over her.

Blessings and Merry Christmas to you and your family!
Lisa

Kelli said...

Your sonnet is just beautiful!
Wishing you and your family and Blessed and Merry Christmas!
Kelli

Kether said...

Just dropping by to wish you and yours a very Merry Christmas. I love your blog and you are one of the most thoughtful and kind people I've ever seen. It seems many people around you have been blessed with your thoughtfulness this season.