Friday, November 10, 2006

Freezer Cookies

I have been inspired by several of you who freeze cookie dough and then have fresh cookies on hand at any time. So, after receiving one of these recently, I decided to try it for myself. I'm hooked! I scooped the dough on to waxed-paper-lined cookie sheets and froze overnight. Then, I transferred the dough to an airtight container. When I was ready to bake, I just placed the cookie dough on a cookie sheet and baked! They did take a bit longer to bake since the dough was frozen - but, oh so convenient! The cookies were just as good!

5 comments:

Mary Ann said...

This is great! I usually freeze mine in a big glob and then bring it to room temp before scooping into balls. I may have to try this, too. My husband likes cookies more than any other little lunchbox treat and I need to do better at having a ready supply!

Susan P. said...

This is such a nice, convenient way to have homemade goodness at the ready!! You never know who will be "popping" in over the holidays and it is so nice to know that delightful treats are always on hand:)

Anonymous said...

Yes! I love doing this...I don't use a scoop, just my hands....but it is very very convenient for sure....a mess just once and cookies for a month...or however long........ :D

Jenn

Anonymous said...

You know, my husband and I really like frozen cookies and other treats that have ALREADY been baked, like brownies and banana bread. Maybe that sounds weird, but it's good. I make and cook huge batches when I can.

Kim @ Twice Remembered said...

I've been wanting to try this too! I've recently bought a great cookie recipe book and have been wanting to freeze some cookies for an upcoming yard sale - I thought the kidlets would enjoy having a little lemonade and cookie stand the same day. Definitely going to have to get one of those handy scoops first!