Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Works for Her!

I seem to be completely out of ideas that work for me! I have shared everything I can think of - so my mother-in-law has passed on a tip that really worked for her. I did not know it was a "Classic" WMFW until I already had this ready, so here you go:

My father-in-law was in the Navy for years and these patches came off of several jackets that were just hanging in the closet and never being worn. So, she took the patches off and mounted them on Sticky Board (available at craft supply stores) and put the whole thing in a frame. She says that when her boys saw this for the first time, they both said, "I want that!". What a great way to honor his achievements in a visible way!

4 comments:

Heather said...

I should do this with all my girlscout badges. NOt quite so great but still, it would be neat. I fully intend to do a shadow box for my husband's grandfathers purple heart and POW letters.

Miss Notesy said...

great idea!! my brother-in-laws are both in the navy.

Rae said...

Great idea for my grandpa's WWII patches. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! My father was not in the military but he was a canoe racer. He has badges from the races he won. He is with the Lord now, but that would be a great gift to give to his grandsons who would not know him personally! Thank you for sharing this wonderful idea!

I visit your blog occassionally and love your ideas. God has given you a creative talent. Wonderful family. Thanks for sharing it all with us!

Letisha