Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Modesty

Jules at Everyday Mommy has come up with this great idea to encourage retailers to offer clothing for our daughters that is both feminine and modest. This is a great idea! If you are also concerned about this, please leave a comment here.

Moms for Modesty Mission Statement

* As a Mom for Modesty I believe in common-sense modesty for girls and young women.
* I believe in refraining from sexualizing our girls and young women.
* I believe that it is unwise and unfair to taunt boys and young men by permitting my daughter(s) to dress in an immodest manner.
* I believe that true beauty comes from within and I strive to teach my daughter(s) this truth.
* I will loyally shop at retailers that provide girls’ and young womens clothing that is modest, affordable and stylish.

Thanks, Megan - for the post on your blog!

No comments: