Thursday, August 03, 2006

Crumb Cake


I wrote this recipe down during an episode of Martha Stewart's old tv show and it is SO yummy! I love a piece of this warmed for breakfast with my beverage of choice: a cold glass (or mug) of organic skim milk!

New York Crumb Cake

Mix together:
1 1/2 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
2 1/2 tsp. baking powder

In a separate bowl mix:
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
2 Tbsp. oil
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix dry and wet ingredients together and press into a greased 9x13 baking dish.

Mix together:
2 1/2 c. flour
1 c. brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Cut in 2 sticks butter or margarine. Crumble over the top of the batter.

Bake at 325 for 20-30 minutes rotation half way through. Dust with powdered sugar.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monica - I enjoyed reading through the recent posts on your blog. I loved the ideas and comments and will enjoy keeping up with you there. I have a weight loss blog that I have been doing (took this week off to organize) to help me in my weight loss stuff. So that is when I realized that this is a good thing and helps you to focus if you don't get obsessed! Love you! Char

P.S. Is there any way to make your Headers the cute font and your text in a plain font like Tahoma or Arial?? It would make it much easier to read.

Monica Wilkinson said...

Charlotte,
Hmmm...I'm not sure about changing the font - I'll see what I can figure out. The first thing I tried did not work, so it may take a while. But, I'll keep it in mind and try to remedy the font! Thanks for reading along!
Monica

Paula said...

I'll be trying this crumb cake soon! Looks yummy!

Blessings,
Mrs. C