Saturday, February 25, 2006

Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars


This was my first recipe I made from the new Martha Stewart Everyday Foods magazine. Need I even say how delicious it is?! It was also easy to make!

Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars
Makes 32
Prep Time: 25 minutes; Total Time: 2 hours

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature, plus 2 Tbsp. melted (I used margarine)
1/4 c. packed light-brown sugar
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt (I never put salt in desserts)

3 large eggs
3/4 c. light corn syrup (I only had dark)
1/2 c. granulated sugar
1 package (11.5 oz.) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
2 c. coarsely chopped pecans

1. Preheat oven to 350. Line the bottom and sides of a 9x13 baking pan with aluminum foil. (I would suggest lightly spraying the foil to make them easier to remove.) In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat 1 stick room-temperature butter, brown sugar, flour, and salt until coarse crumbs form. Pour mixture into prepared pan; press firmly into bottom.

2. Bake until lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool, 10 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, in the same large bowl, mix eggs, corn syrup, granulated sugar, and melted butter until well combined. Add chocolate chips and pecans; spread over crust. Bake until set, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool completely in pan before lifting out (using foil to life). Cut into 32 bars (8 rows by 4 rows).

I put them back into the 9x13 pan after cutting and removing the foil, just for simpler storage.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Oh, how my mouth is watering right now! Mmm!

Mary Ann said...

These look delicious! I made regular pecan pie bars a couple of weeks back and they were absolutely yummy. These look even better!:-)